StarBED has the following features as outlined below.
- Large-scale emulation testbed with about hundreds servers
We provide a non-distributed environment that provides an experiment scale which cannot be achieved at a typical development site. StarBED makes it possible to experiment with actual equipment in its ordinary running/operating condition. Therefore, it makes detailed and accurate experiments possible in more realistic circumstances, including the ability to expand the experiment scale.
- Various systems to support experimenting
We have developed various systems (as outlined below) to support verification experimenting.
- TENTOU: Support Middleware of using Testbed
- Smithsonian: Simulation and Emulation Federation Platform
- NETorium: High-fidelity scalable wireless network emulator etc.
- sbeasy: Network Experiment Support Software *End of service
- SpringOS: Network Experiment Support Software *End of service
- QOMET: Wireless Network Emulator *End of service
- RUNE: Real-time Ubiquitous Network Emulation Environment *End of service
- XENebula: Massive VM multiplexing tool *End of service
- Xburner: Background Traffic Generator *End of service
These can be used in applications for lots of different individual experimenting requirements.
- Integrated verification environments through external coordination
StarBED can also be used in integrated verification environments with external coordination by means of being connected to JGN-X and WIDE research networks.